We here at Cast Iron Studios are firm believers in giving back, especially during the holiday season. We’re happy to announce that our eighth annual “Meals for Monologues” canned food drive-slash-holiday get-together will be a co-production with The Studio NW!
Be sure to note the new address: The Studio Northwest, 1633 NW Glisan.
Not sure what to bring? Check out OFB’s list of Most Wanted Items.
Spread the word! RSVP and share our Facebook Event.
SELF-TAPE AUDITIONS BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
Live in Oregon, but outside of the Portland Metro area and still want to audition? Repped by an agent, regularly seen at our office, and helping us out by leaving audition slots open to unrepped talent who may be new to us? We will accept demo reels or self-tapes from Oregon actors, in exchange for a screenshot of your donation to the Oregon Food Bank. Submission must be received by December 14th to guarantee viewing by our casting directors. See instructions below.
SELF-TAPE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS FOR OUT-OF-TOWN ACTORS
- You must be an OREGON LOCAL HIRE with a permanent Oregon address to submit for this general audition.
- Self-taped monologue or professional demo reel must be no longer than TWO MINUTES.
- If self-taping, be sure you are framed in LANDSCAPE mode, in a CLOSE-UP (head and shoulders), with good lighting and sound. Typically, you would direct your lines to the side of camera, not directly into the lens (it may help to use a real human off-camera).
- Submission MUST be a LINK to view your video online, NOT a FILE attached to your email. Upload your video to Vimeo, YouTube or a similar platform and send us the direct URL only. Emails containing video attachments will be deleted.
- You may password-protect your video, but be sure to send us the password with your submission.
- Go to http://oregonfoodbank.org/donatenow to make your donation.
- Please list “Meals for Monologues” in the Leave a comment text box on the donation form.
- Please send a screenshot or PDF of your donation receipt with your submission.
- You may include one headshot and resume (or a link to an online casting profile) with your submission.
- Include your name and contact information.
- Please confirm in your email that you are an Oregon local hire.
- Email submission to talent[at]castironstudios.com, subject heading: M4M Oregon Hire. (Replace [at] with @ in the email address.)
- Deadline for self-tape submissions is December 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST. We cannot guarantee your video will be reviewed if received after the deadline.