This morning, Dmae Roberts, host of Stage and Studio on KBOO FM 90.7, spoke with Oregon casting director Lana Veenker about the economic impact that national shows like “Leverage” and films have our acting and technical arts community.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO SUPPORT SB 621:
1. Call or email your Oregon Legislators NOW and ask them to support SB 621, as it will create immediate jobs for Oregonians in our blooming film industry.
2. If you have a good story about how our film incentives have benefited you, please be sure to share it with them.
3. Write or call House Speaker Dave Hunt (503-986-1200) and Representative Peter Buckley (503-986-1405). The fate of the bill is largely in their hands and it could die in the next couple days, if we don’t convince them to let SB 621 have a hearing and a work session.
With the Revenue Committee having closed, it is hard to say exactly what will convince the Oregon Speaker of the House Dave Hunt to re-open the bill that brings more work to Oregon by enhancing the Oregon Production Investment Fund. Your opinion may be what persuades him. Or maybe sheer volume will. Either way, please engage your civic self today.
* 621 is a job creation bill that can be immediately employed by the Oregon Legislature.
* Give SB 621 a fair hearing and work session in the House of Representatives. The work that has gone into this bill from the industry, the unions, the Oregon Senate and the Oregon Governor warrants a fair hearing in the House.
* SB 621 has a with a no-risk structure that places the investment risk on the participating business, not on the state government.
Please be forceful, but try to keep it positive.
If you have talked to another Oregon Representative and they are supportive of 621, ask them please to take our case to Hunt and Buckley.