We here at Cast Iron Studios are firm believers in giving back, especially during the holiday season. We’re happy to announce our seventh annual “Meals for Monologues” canned food drive-slash-holiday get-together.
Meals for Monologues
Food Drive Benefiting
Cookies ‘n Cocoa
Tuesday, November 28, 2017
10:00 AM to 6:00 PM* (M4M)
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM (cookies)
1430 SE 3rd Ave, Suite 100
Portland, OR 97214
GET YOU SEEN BY A CASTING DIRECTOR
** FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED — AUDITION SLOTS ARE LIMITED **
Actors from far and wide, you’re invited to come to our offices for an open general audition call, where you can be seen by a casting director in exchange for three (3) non-perishable food items benefiting the Oregon Food Bank.
- Bring HEADSHOT & RESUME (stapled back-to-back or resume printed on back of photo).
- Perform a short, prepared monologue (or two!) of your own choosing.
- Choose a contemporary piece (we just don’t cast much Shakespeare).
- Audition slots are 2 MINUTES MAX, so make the best use of your time!
- No appointment necessary. No phone calls. One day only. First come, first served. There are only so many auditions we can squeeze into the day; we appreciate your understanding if we run out of time!
- If you’re a repped actor and a regular to our studio, we encourage you to drop off your non-perishables and leave audition slots open to the unrepped actors who may be new to us. (Repped and still want us to see what you’ve got? Try the self-tape option! Details below.)
- Collection bins will be in our office from 11/20-12/1, for those unable to attend/donate on the day.
COOKIES ‘N COCOA
Join us at the end of the day for an assortment of cookies and a hot cocoa! We’ll provide the sweet treats, you provide the Oregon Food Bank donations and good cheer!
*No auditions will take place 12:00PM-12:30PM & 3:30PM-4:00PM to give Casting Directors a short break.
Not sure what to bring? Check out OFB’s list of Most Wanted Items and this article on How to Donate Food So It Won’t Go to Waste.
Spread the word! RSVP and share our Facebook Event.
SELF-TAPE AUDITIONS BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
Not in Portland, but still want to audition? Repped by an agent, regularly seen at our office, and helping us out by leaving audition slots open to unrepped talent who may be new to us? We will accept demo reels or self-tapes from actors who are Oregon local hires (meaning you have a physical address in Oregon and/or are repped by an Oregon talent agency), in exchange for a screenshot of your donation to the Oregon Food Bank. Submission must be received by November 28th to guarantee viewing by our casting directors. See instructions below.
SELF-TAPE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS FOR OUT-OF-TOWN ACTORS
- You must be an OREGON LOCAL HIRE to submit for this general audition.
- Self-taped monologue or professional demo reel must be no longer than TWO MINUTES.
- If self-taping, be sure you are framed in a CLOSE-UP (head and shoulders), with good lighting and sound. Typically, you would direct your lines to the side of camera, not directly into the lens (it may help to use a real human off-camera).
- Submission MUST be a LINK to view your video online, NOT a FILE attached to your email. Upload your video to Vimeo, YouTube or a similar platform and send us the direct URL only. Emails containing video attachments will be deleted.
- You may password-protect your video, but be sure to send us the password with your submission.
- Go to http://oregonfoodbank.org/donatenow to make your donation.
- Please list “Meals for Monologues” in the Leave a comment text box on the donation form.
- Please send a screenshot or PDF of your donation receipt with your submission.
- You may include one headshot and resume (or a link to an online casting profile) with your submission.
- Include your name, contact information, and city where you are currently based.
- Please confirm in your email that you are a local hire, either because you have a physical address in Oregon or are repped by an Oregon talent agent or manager.
- Email submission to talent[at]castironstudios.com, subject heading: M4M Local Hire. (Replace [at] with @ in the email address.)
- Deadline for self-tape submissions is November 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM PST. We cannot guarantee your video will be reviewed if received after the deadline.