OPEN CASTING CALL FOR NETFLIX SERIES

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, January 2, 2018

CAST IRON STUDIOS ANNOUNCES OPEN CASTING CALL FOR NETFLIX SERIES

“American Vandal” will shoot its second season in the Rose City, and needs high-school students to fill numerous speaking roles.

PORTLAND, ORE.   Last year’s breakout hit, American Vandal, is headed to Portland to shoot its second season, and Cast Iron Studios is seeking young people, ages 14 to 22, to portray high-school students in the popular Netflix series.

The series—a co-production between Funny Or Die, CBS Television Studios, and 3 Arts Entertainment—will begin shooting in the Portland area in mid-February. Cast Iron Studios, which also handled Grimm, The Librarians, and Here and Now, is in charge of Oregon principal casting.

“There are a number of small, speaking roles that producers are hoping to hire locally,” said Casting Director Eryn Goodman. “The show truly needs all types, shapes, sizes, ethnicities, and abilities. They want to reflect a real high-school look: braces, pimples, and all.”

Goodman stated that, while acting experience is helpful, it’s not a requirement. Instead, “interested parties would do well to watch Season One, to get an idea of the tone and humor of the show.”

An open casting call will take place this Saturday, January 6, 2018 in Portland, and is by appointment only. Those interested in auditioning should follow the link below to reserve their time slot.

Cast Iron Studios is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. There is no charge to create a basic profile in the company’s database, and no fees will be charged to talent who take part in the show. For more information, visit castironstudios.com.

##

RESERVE AUDITION APPOINTMENT

UPDATE 1/2/18 2:00 PM — Wowzers! Our second studio is now COMPLETELY FULL. We will be unable to offer any additional appointments for Saturday 1/6. Keep an eye on our social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for further updates and additional opportunities.

UPDATE 1/2/18 1:30 PM — Our SECOND STUDIO is now live for appointments at the link above. Once these appointments are full, that will be it for Saturday 1/6 open call appointments. Keep an eye on our social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for further updates and additional opportunities.

UPDATE 1/2/18 11:45 AM — Our audition appointments are currently completely full. We are working on opening a second studio for Saturday and will update this blog with a new link for making appointments ASAP. Please check back later. Thank you for your patience!

UPDATE 1/6/18 11:00 AM — We have made a self-tape option available for Pacific Northwest residents, ages 14-22. Read about it here. Deadline is January  14th.

(Ages 14-22 only; based in the Pacific NW. No other roles are available at this time.)

(This casting call is geared towards unrepped talent only. If you are repped by a Northwest talent agency, please let your agent know you are interested.)

75 Responses to OPEN CASTING CALL FOR NETFLIX SERIES

1. Hey Cast Family I just saw this. This is Eduardo! I would love a time slot for this if it’s at all possible.

2. Carter Jon says:

Good afternoon,
    My name is Jill Edwards and my son Carter Jon is an actor. I was in the middle of submitting for the time slot, it allowed me to choose a time, which i chose 3:35 it came up as no more options. We are from Coos Bay, Or. Carter has been in a film The Watchman’s Canoe which was filmed here on the Oregon Coast.In which he had a lead role. Last summer he had a featured role in the new Netflix Series Everything Sucks! As a high school student.We are hoping there is still a time slot for Saturday Jan 6, or possibly Sunday? Thanks for your time.
    Jill Edwards

• ranielle says:

We’ve just opened a second studio for Saturday 1/6 appointments. Once those fill, you’ll have to keep an eye on our social media for additional opportunities.

3. Callie Sahli says:

Please advise if something opens.

Thank you!

Happy New Year!!!

4. Austin Dean says:

I am very interested and I would love to be a part of this

5. MELISSA MYERS says:

Hi There,

I have (2) young, handsome teen males who would love the opportunity to audition.
    They have been asked to model while visiting NY recently.
    Please let us know when the 2nd Audition will occur.

Melissa Myers

6. Noah Amerson says:

I am a 17 year old guy who is actually a huge fan of this show! I have never worked in film before but it is my dream. I’ve done theatre at Reynolds high school in troutdale (only about 20 minutes from downtown Portland!) and acting is a passion of mine. I am hoping to go to college soon for film and this would be an amazing learning opportunity for me. I hope you consider me for casting!

7. Karen Ortiz says:

Hello ,I wanted to know where I can sign up for an audition for Saturday? Thank You.

• ranielle says:

We’ve just opened a second studio for appointments on Saturday. Once the second studio appointments are full, you’ll have to keep an eye on our social media for additional opportunities.

8. Phoebe Santini says:

Hi there! I’m interested in auditioning but I am currently overseas. Is there any way to send a video audition?
    Thanks!

9. Nhung says:

Are all the time slots for 1/6 been filled? I try to register my daughter and son (16 ; 14 – Asian) just now and there’s no time slots.

• ranielle says:

We don’t currently have any audition slots available, but you can keep an eye on our social media accounts for updates.

10. Deidra Danderson says:

Should I still apply for a role if I do not fit the age group but look as if I do?

• ranielle says:

We are only auditioning folks who are within that age group at this time. Keep an eye on our social media accounts for opportunities for other age groups.

11. Ridwan Aziz says:

Hi is it possible for me to send a audition tape in as I live in Ireland I’m a 15 year old black male with a reasonable experience in acting if the answer is yes I can also send in my acting resume

12. Rebecca Navarro says:

Is there anything that we need to bring to auditions?

13. Justin says:

What are the chances a third studio will open up?

• ranielle says:

We don’t currently have any audition slots available and we don’t anticipate opening a third studio on Saturday, but you can keep an eye on our social media accounts for updates.

14. Zach B says:

Hey there! Very interested in the part, where can I apply??

15. Miriam says:

Hello!
    If I signed up for a slot in studio two, will I receive a confirmation email of my time slot or am I good to go if the google form said I had a time slot?

Thank you!

16. Baylie says:

Hello! I see that the second studio has been filled. I will be watching the social media. When you say to watch for “additional opportunities”, do you think thère will be another date to audition for this show?
    Thank you!

• ranielle says:

We have nothing in place at this time, but will announce it across our blog and social media if there are future audition dates set.

17. ~DW says:

I was really excited to see this, but unfortunately my parole was delayed an extra two weeks after Christmas (Happy Holidays to me, am I right?!) Anyway….While I’m not within the age restrictions, I do love to vandal. Please advise.

Cheers!

18. Cheryl says:

Hi I definitely want to addition when can I send a addition tape

• ranielle says:

We don’t have anything in place at this time, but if we decide to accept video submissions, we will announce it on our blog and social media sites.

19. Anders says:

If you’re going to open up a third studio/announce an separate date for additional auditions, will be updated on your Facebook page or Twitter?
    Thanks!

• ranielle says:

We don’t anticipate opening a third studio on Saturday. Keep an eye on our social media sites for future announcements/opportunities.

20. Kaitlyn Keilty says:

Hopefully you will open up an additional slot, I’m interested auditioning

21. Kaitlyn Keilty says:

Hoping you open up an additional audition, I want to be a part of this!!

22. Lissa says:

Hi
    It’s possible to have my audition online?
    Please

23. Kelsy Carson says:

Hello!
    I just saw this casting today and would love to be informed with any updates. I am technically 25, is that a problem?

Thank you!

• ranielle says:

There are not currently any opportunities for your age group, but keep an eye on our social media sites for future announcements/opportunities.

24. Kamara Yvonne says:

Do you have to live in Portland to audition

• ranielle says:

This casting is for Oregon local hires, yes. You will need to provide a permanent Oregon or SW Washington address and have the legal right to work in the U.S.

25. Meghan says:

Hi there!

If we would like to double check what time slot we signed up for is there a place we can do that at?

Thank you!

26. Will Carter says:

My name is William Carter ( Will ) and I would Very much like an opportunity to be a part of this! I am 6’3″ though I am in a wheelchair. When I was 16, I had a massive heart attack. Due to the loss of oxygen to my brain ( and the widespread damage it caused) I don’t speak quite as clearly as I did before. The Docs gave little chance of surviving the open heart surgeries, said I would bra vegetative state. Well I proved them wrong! I continue to make progress even this far out post injury! Did I mention that I have Amazing red hair, with thick beard to match?! My Best feature is my Million dollar smile! Willing to shave if required! Thank You for your consideration!😃

27. De-Asia says:

I know although there are no audition slots available, I was wondering if it was possible to submit a video of your work if you couldn’t make it to the studio.

28. Josiah says:

I need to be a part of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ranielle says:

We don’t anticipate having any additional space on Saturday. Keep an eye on our social media sites for future announcements/opportunities.

29. Danelle says:

Thought I would try and snag a spot for an audition since tagging cars with Dicks is something I got fired for once, maybe this show is meant for me? Anyways….. Maybe next time.

30. Michelle Irawan says:

Hi, how can i contact u guys? Because i want to join the show and when is the audition slots available?

31. Michelle Irawan says:

Where can i apply?

32. Henderson says:

Do you have any open audition slots avalible yet?

33. Matty Larrabee says:

Hello,
    My names Matty Larrabee Im 16 years old and would love to be apart of this tv series!

34. Cody says:

Hi! I’m a freshman from Gresham, and I’m a huge fan of the show. Me and my friend would love to be a part of it. Will there be any more other opportunities for us to audition? Also, we don’t really have any acting experience, so are we required to in order to be a part of the show? Thanks!

• ranielle says:

We don’t have anything in place at this time. Be sure to keep an eye on our social media sites for announcements of future audition opportunities. Acting experience is helpful, but not a requirement.

35. Seb says:

Will there be any opportunities to send video submissions in?

36. Kiersten Wisuri says:

I will not be able to make it to an audition but I would love to submit a video audition if possible!

37. Jai’aja Winchester says:

Hello, My name is Jai. I’m a 17 year old senior. I was listening to the radio when I heard them talking about this audition, which of course caught my attention. I have some acting experience from being in musicals and shows ( I also dance and sing ) I would love to have the opportunity to work with something more serious like this. If there’s any way I can schedule an audition or anything please let me know! Thank you have a nice day.

38. Robert says:

Hi, I am 16 years old and from Ireland, I would like to be involved in the series.

39. Dede says:

I actually had the exact same question as Zoey and was interested to know the reason behind the age cut off being 22. I recently turned 23(..so close but yet so far away); however, I look young for my age too..Is there honestly no way that we can submit an audition if we legimately look like we can fit into the age demographic for a role?

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.
    -Dede

40. gary tenderson says:

Do you know if you are going to open up any more audition time slots????

41. Fauzan Pramadhana Ellong says:

Hello, My name is Fauzan Pramadhana Ellong, I’m from Indonesia, I’m 18 and I would love to involve in this project, I won’t pass the opportunitiy that you’ll give to me, maybe this is will be my first time to involve in International Studio Film, but I will attempt to improve my skill in acting. Is there a chance for me to be an actor for this project?

42. kenneth says:

Hi, I’m Kenneth Crutchfield and I’m 15 years old I’m from Michigan. I would love to be in American Vandal. I loved the First season please email me, I am very interested

43. Erin says:

Hello my name is Erin and my daughter is 13. She will be turning 14 on February 27 2018. Is there any way you guys would be willing to make an exception?

44. Sidnee Keller says:

Are there anymore chances to audition in person to you guys directly? I am 15 I live in a small town about 45 minitrs from Portland. I don’t work with a talent agency and I don’t have an agent was just wondering if I could come and audition?

45. Ouissal I’m from morocco can i be accepted says:

I’m from morocco . Can I be accepted ?