Casting Call: Seeking extras for new HBO series

PORTLAND CASTING COMPANY SEEKING EXTRAS OF ALL TYPES FOR NEW HBO SERIES

Untitled Alan Ball HBO Drama series is scheduled to shoot in Portland April 24-26; open casting call this Saturday

PORTLAND, ORE. Cast Iron Studios, a Portland-based film and television casting company, announced today that it is seeking general background performers, experienced stand-ins, photo doubles, Portland hipster types, and extras who own vehicles, bicycles and pets for Alan Ball’s new HBO drama series.

The series will shoot scenes in the Portland area April 24-26, 2017. Cast Iron Studios, which also cast “Grimm” and currently “The Librarians,” is handling the local principal and extras casting.

“Hundreds of extras are needed over the span of the three-day shoot,” says Casting Director Lana Veenker.

The positions are non-union, and pay starts at minimum wage (8-hour guarantee, plus overtime) for general background, to between $100-$150/day for other positions. Background performers can also earn bumps for the use of their cars, bicycles, pets, etc.

Those interested in working as extras on the show can submit online by this Wednesday evening according to the instructions below, or attend our open casting call this Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM at Cast Iron Studios, 1430 SE 3rd Avenue, Suite 100, Portland, OR 97214. (No appointments needed; just show up. First come, first served.)

NOTE: This casting call is for non-union background performers only. No principal (speaking) roles are available at this time.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or join our Tools for Actors mailing list to stay apprised of upcoming casting calls.

No phone calls, please.

Cast Iron Studios is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. There is no charge to create a basic profile on Casting Frontier, and no fees will be charged to extras who take part in the show.

##

TO SUBMIT ONLINE:

Please note: Fully-completed online submissions must be received by end of day this Wednesday, April 19, 2017 to be considered. Otherwise, please attend our open casting call this Saturday, April 22nd.

Those with an existing Casting Frontier account should submit via the Direct Submit Board instead. Please ensure that your profile contains a recent photo, and that all information is current, including your sizes and contact info.

If you fit the requirements, but do not have a Casting Frontier profile, please complete this form:

EXTRAS SUBMISSION FORM

Thanks, and good luck!

43 Responses to Casting Call: Seeking extras for new HBO series

1. Lora ward says:

Would love to do this with my guide dog Ribbon, as she came from Guidedogs for the blind.

• admin says:

Great! Follow the instructions in our post to get into our database for consideration. We cannot accept submissions via comments on our blog. Thanks!

2. Angelique Williams says:

If we are cast, when will we be informed?

• admin says:

We will be casting roles all week, this weekend, and through next Tuesday evening 4/25/17. You may be contacted at any time during this window, if we need you. Unfortunately, there will not be time to contact everyone who is not cast this time around, but we will have more opportunities in the future!

3. Jaime Reagan says:

Would luv to be an extra with my care dog who is a rescue dog himself

• admin says:

Great. Hopefully you submitted according to the instructions in our post?

We cannot accept submissions via comments on our blog. The only way into our database is by following the instructions. Thanks!

4. Jaime Reagan says:

Would luv to be an extra with my care dog who is also a rescue dog himself that we rescued. He is very friendly

5. When can I expect the call? I’m working and I need to give notice for time off.

• admin says:

We have received several hundred submissions, and are processing them as fast as possible. We are putting people on avail and booking them each day through next Tuesday, so you may not hear until the last minute whether you are needed. If we contact you and you’re unable to get the day off work, you may have to wait until next time. Also, not everyone will be needed for this first round of casting. We should have more opportunities coming up in the near future, though! Thanks for your interest.

6. Christopher Kehle says:

If we have completed the form in the link, would it be good to also go to the casting call on saterday or would that just pointlessly add another body to what I assume will be an already large crowd?

• admin says:

No need to come this Saturday, if you are already in the database. (You would just be standing in line to complete the form and have your photo taken.) If you’ve completed the form, we will be in contact regarding your photo. Great question!

7. Jill Simpson says:

Look much younger than my submitted age! When called for a part as in the 65 to 69 age, never chosen as I look about 10 years younger! I have two dogs, both Borgi, which is Border Collie/Corgi mix. They are sisters, two years apart. One has a Borer Collie personality with a Corgi coat, the younger one has a gorgeous Border Collie coat, but has short Corgi legs and a loving Corgi personality.

FYI, my 1993 Explorer is Caymen Green, not turquoise.

• admin says:

Great. Hopefully you submitted according to the instructions in our post? You can put any additional info in the notes section at the end of the form.

8. Richard says:

I’m asian can i be a extra i want to be and i dont have any experience like this but i want too..

• admin says:

Great. Hopefully you submitted according to the instructions in our post?

9. Dianne Elia says:

I completed your form but saw no way to add photo. Also the site seemed to freeze as I submitted. Did my application go thru?

• admin says:

Your application came through. You can email your photos to extras[at]castironstudios[dot]com. One clear, recent photo of your face, and one clear, recent full-body shot (cell phone photos are fine). Thanks!

10. Carla Manuel says:

I have a cute rabbit. Any idea if the show can use her?

11. Elissa says:

When is “end of the day” Wednesday? I just submitted the online form this Wednesday evening at 11:30pm. Will that still count? Thank you!

• admin says:

Should be fine. We are processing several thousand applications, so we may not get to it in time for next week’s shoot, but we’ll have your information for future opportunities.

• Elissa says:

So does showing up in person this Saturday make it more likely to be considered for this coming weeks need? Thanks.

12. Gregory Kerry says:

Hi, Thanks for reading this. I’m 66 White 6′ tall with salt pepper hair balding. medium build, goatee. I drive a 2007 Maroon Jeep Cherokee. I have 2 great Whippet’s.Never done anything like this other than public speaking at conventions,conferences. I am retired.
    Is it worth my time to take this opportunity on Saturday? I’m a very cool Dad!

Thanks again for taking the time to read this.

• admin says:

Sure, come on down. We’ll have you complete your profile and have your photo taken. Not sure which positions we still have available for next week’s shoot, but we’ll have your details on hand for future opportunities, if not.

13. Phil Parker says:

Can we still change our dates available? I put down I was available Tuesday 4-25-2017, but need to change that to Wednesday 4-26-2017.
    Thanks much

• admin says:

If you don’t have the link to your completed form to go back and edit it, send in a new application, and explain the situation in the notes section. Not sure which positions we still have available for next week’s shoot, but we’ll have your details on hand for future opportunities, if not this one.

14. Bobbi Tryon says:

If we are coming Saturday do we need to bring our dog or our vehicles? I have several dogs and vehicles so …should I just bring pictures of them?

15. Christopher Kehle says:

two questions:
    first; My sister is a full time mom. Would she be able to be an extra with her kids(1, 3, and 6) under any circumstances? for example, she has a car that she could drive or park with the kids in their car seats.

second; I submitted the form a couple days ago and have yet to receive an email requesting a photo. Is this normal or is it more likely that I made a typing error in my email address?

• admin says:

We don’t need any kids of that age for this episode, and young children have very limited work hours under Oregon law. Your sister, if hired, would be working much longer than the kids would be legally allowed to be on set.

We are also processing thousands of applications, so it may take a while for us to respond. If we don’t get to yours in time for this episode, we’ll have your details on hand for future opportunities.

16. Jenn Brownstein says:

Hi! I submitted on Wednesday but didn’t receive an email requesting a photo. Should I expect to receive something today? Want to make sure my application was received.Thanks!

17. Brandilyn Wycoff says:

I submitted an application and got a reply email to send a headshot and body shot. I’ve never been an extra before, so I don’t have any professional photos on hand. Should I go to the casting call Saturday so I can get my photo taken there, even if I already completed an online submission? Thanks!

• admin says:

No need to attend the casting call. Just email a recent, clear photo of your face, and a recent, clear full-body shot (cell phone photos are fine) to extras[at]castironstudios[dot]com. Under 3MB each. Thanks!

18. A. Morris says:

I filled out the survey early this week, but have since gotten the chance to replaced the battery in my car. Is there a way for me to update the survey in case you are in need of another vehicle?

19. Hope Edwards says:

I really want to come to the audition but it’s my first time doing something like this. Do I need to bring a head shot and resume and do I have to be there at 11 or is it okay to show up at 2?

20. Nailah N. says:

Thank You so much for coming to Portland to entertain the locals. Its been a long cold winter and a wet spring. Having a casting call and getting a response back even if that’s all the luck I get from this company is a blessing. To me yes it’sfeels as if I won the lottery.

21. james Justin says:

How can i Apply for this show are where can i check the Auditions requirements for this show.