We here at Cast Iron Studios are firm believers in giving back, especially during the holiday season. We’re happy to announce our fifth annual “Meals for Monologues” canned food drive-slash-holiday potluck. And new this year: toy drive!
Wednesday, December 2, 2015
12:00 PM to 6:00 PM* (M4M)
5:00 PM to 7:00 PM** (potluck)
1430 SE 3rd Ave, Suite 100
Portland, OR 97214
1 NEW, UNWRAPPED TOY
GETS YOU SEEN BY A CASTING DIRECTOR
Actors from far and wide, you’re invited to come to our offices for an open general audition call, where you can be seen by a casting director in exchange for three non-perishable food items benefiting the Oregon Food Bank or 1 new, unwrapped toy benefiting Toys for Tots.
- Bring HEADSHOT & RESUME (stapled back-to-back or resume printed on back of photo).
- Perform a short, prepared monologue (or two!) of your own choosing.
- Choose a contemporary piece (we just don’t cast much Shakespeare).
- Audition slots are 2 MINUTES MAX, so make the best use of your time!
- No appointment necessary. No phone calls. One day only. First come, first served.
- Collection bins will be in our office November 18th to December 9th, for those unable to attend/donate on the day.
HOLIDAY MEET-N-GREET POTLUCK
Bring an appetizer, potluck dish or dessert treat and have a bite at this unique holiday party & open house. After you read for one of our casting directors—or even if you’re not auditioning and just want to say hi—stick around for elbow rubbing and general merriment.
If you’re a regular at our office, please consider leaving the audition spots open for others and simply come for the party. We’d love to see you!
*No auditions will take place 2:30PM-3PM to give Casting Directors a short break.
**Nibbles available throughout the day. Potluck “officially” starts at 5PM.
Spread the word! You can join our event on Facebook.
SELF-TAPE AUDITIONS BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
Not in Portland, but still want to audition? We will accept demo reels or self-tapes from out-of-town actors who are Oregon local hires (meaning you have a physical address in Oregon and/or are repped by an Oregon talent agency), in exchange for a screenshot of your donation to the Oregon Food Bank or Toys for Tots. Submission must be received by December 4th to guarantee viewing by our casting directors. See instructions below.
SELF-TAPE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS FOR OUT-OF-TOWN ACTORS
- You must be an OREGON LOCAL HIRE to submit for this general audition.
- Self-taped monologue or professional demo reel must be no longer than TWO MINUTES.
- If self-taping, be sure you are framed in a CLOSE-UP (head and shoulders), with good lighting and sound. Typically, you would direct your lines to the side of camera, not directly into the lens (it may help to use a real human off-camera).
- Submission MUST be a LINK to view your video online, NOT a FILE attached to your email. Upload your video to Vimeo, YouTube or a similar platform and send us the direct URL only. Emails containing video attachments will be deleted.
- You may password-protect your video, but be sure to send us the password with your submission.
- Go to http://oregonfoodbank.org/donatenow or https://web.charityengine.net/Default.aspx?tsid=1320 to make your donation.
- Please list “Meals for Monologues” in the Name, Event or Occasion text box on the donation form.
- Please send a screenshot or PDF of your donation receipt with your submission.
- You may include one headshot and resume (or a link to an online casting profile) with your submission.
- Include your name, contact information, and city where you are currently based.
- Please confirm in your email that you are a local hire, either because you have a physical address in Oregon or are repped by an Oregon talent agent or manager.
- Email submission to talent[at]castironstudios.com, subject heading: M4M Local Hire. (Replace [at] with @ in the email address.)
- Deadline for self-tape submissions is December 4, 2015 at 11:59 PM PST. We cannot guarantee your video will be reviewed if received after the deadline.