It’s that time of year again! We here at Cast Iron Studios are firm believers in giving back, especially during the holiday season. Inspired by Claire Simon, CSA, in Chicago, and bolstered by last year’s successful inaugural event we’re happy to announce our second annual “Meals for Monologues” canned food drive-slash-holiday potluck.
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
10:00 AM to 6:00 PM*
1430 SE 3rd Ave, Suite 100
Portland, OR 97214
3 NON-PERISHABLES GET YOU SEEN BY A CASTING DIRECTOR
Actors from far and wide, you’re invited to come to our offices for an open general audition call, where you can be seen by a casting director in exchange for three** non-perishable food items benefiting the Oregon Food Bank.
- Bring a HEADSHOT and RESUME (stapled back-to-back or resume printed on back of photo)
- Perform a short, prepared monologue (or two!) of your own choosing.
- Choose a contemporary piece (we just don’t cast much Shakespeare).
- Audition slots are 2 MINUTES MAX, so make the best use of your time!
- No appointment necessary. No phone calls. One day only. First come, first served.
HOLIDAY MEET-N-GREET POTLUCK
Before or after you read for one of our casting directors—or even if you’re not auditioning and just want to say hi—feel free to bring an appetizer, potluck dish or dessert treat and have a bite at this unique holiday party & open house.
If you’re a regular at our office, please consider leaving the audition spots open for others and simply come for the party. We’d love to see you!
*No auditions will take place 12PM-12:30PM or 4PM-4:30PM to give Casting Directors a short break to stretch, eat, and say hello outside of the studio.
**We’re looking to beat last year’s 800+ lbs of food collected, so we’ve upped our requested donation from 2 items to 3. Let’s make this year even bigger than the last!
Spread the word! You can join our event on Facebook.