We here at Cast Iron Studios are firm believers in giving back, especially during the holiday season. Inspired by Claire Simon, CSA, in Chicago, we’re happy to announce our inaugural “Meals for Monologues” canned food drive-slash-holiday potluck.
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
11:00 AM to 6:00 PM
1430 SE 3rd Ave, Suite 100
Portland, OR 97214
2 NON-PERISHABLES GET YOU SEEN BY A CASTING DIRECTOR
Actors from far and wide, you’re invited to come to our offices for an open general audition call, where you can be seen by a casting director in exchange for two non-perishable food items benefiting Oregon Food Bank.
- Bring a HEADSHOT and RESUME (stapled back-to-back or resume printed on back of photo)
- Perform a short, prepared monologue (or two!) of your own choosing.
- Choose a contemporary piece (we just don’t cast much Shakespeare).
- Audition slots are 2 MINUTES MAX, so make the best use of your time!
- No appointment necessary. No phone calls. One day only. First come, first served.
HOLIDAY MEET-N-GREET POTLUCK
Before or after you read for one of our casting directors — or even if you’re not auditioning and just want to say hi — feel free to bring a treat and have a bite at this unique holiday party.
As a side note, if you’re an actor who’s already a regular at our office, it would be great to see you at the potluck, but you might consider leaving the audition spots open for actors who are new to town or to film/TV casting. Unless you haven’t been seen by us in the last several months, then by all means!
Spread the word! You can join our event on Facebook.